Learn the Basics of Hands-Only CPR!
The purpose of the American Red Cross Citizen CPR course is to teach untrained bystanders how to perform hands-only CPR. Having more citizen bystaners trained in this simple skill can help save lives by putting more cardiac arrest victims within a few steps of livesaving assistance.
Did you know…
- When a person’s heart stops, brain death occurs in as little as 8-10 minutes.
- The national average response time for an ambulance is 10 minutes. Most communities have a standard of eight minutes, but a response time may be as long as 12-15 minutes.
- Research shows that the shorter the time from collapse to when CPR is initiated, the greater the chance of survival in a cardiac arrest emergency.
This is a FREE course and open to the public.
- 1 1/2 hours
- Focuses on hands-on practice
- Free option to help everyday people save lives
- Take Home Practice Materials
Registration is required. Use the form below.
Date: June 2, 2011
Time: 7:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
[form 3 “CPR Class”]